Interested in Challenge Packs?

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Summer Squash

Does anyone else have squash coming out their ears this time of year?  Our CSA boxes have been filled with zucchini and patty pan the past two weeks.  Miss T isn't a fan of zucchini (sad!) so I've had to get creative.  In this week's newsletter, which comes with the box of veggies, there was a recipe for baked patty pan.  Now, while my intentions were to print the newsletter and follow the recipe, it just didn't happen that way.  Does anyone else feel that time gets away from them and their life is more than a little disorganized?  That's me right now.  It's tough for someone who thrives on organization.  Anyways.....I recalled one thing from the recipe and that was to season it with cilantro.  So I pulled together some stuff from my fridge and the CSA box, and threw this together as a side for dinner tonight.  We served it with marinated grilled chicken and tater tots.  Yep, I know, not healthy, but delicious! 

Ingredients
1 yellow patty pan (large)
1 fresh sweet onion (they're the smaller ones with stalks)
1-2 sweet red peppers
1/2 a large zucchini
~5 stalks of cilantro, shredded
1/2T EVOO
sea salt (to taste)

I diced it all and stirred everything together, then we tossed it on the grill pan for about 10 minutes.  It was delicious!  (I neglected to take a photo of the cooked product, because we dug right in!)



No comments:

Post a Comment