Interested in Challenge Packs?

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Kale Chips


Chalk one more thing up on the list of things I got the Mister to eat that I never expected!  We received kale in our CSA box, and I was just not sure what to do with it.  Part of it ended up as baby food for Miss T, and the rest was made into kale chips!  It was super easy.  I cut the kale off the stalk and into chip-sized chunks.  Then I tossed it slightly in EVOO and laid it on a baking sheet that was covered in parchment paper.  After sprinkling the leaves with sea salt, I baked for about 4 minutes until the edges were crispy and brown.  They were pretty tasty!  You can eat them as a snack, or as a dinner side like we did. By the way, T did not appreciate the nutritional value of kale and refused to open her mouth after the first bite ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment