Interested in Challenge Packs?

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Creamy Chicken Salad

I'm always looking for something new for lunch.  For the most part, I'm a creature of habit.  It's easy to make and grab the same things every day.  But hello, boring!  This is a great, easy recipe to make, and it makes enough for 5 lunches. 

I'm not 100% sure of the origins of this recipe so I'm sorry for not attributing it back to the author, although I've adjusted it based on how I make it.  I've been using it for over a year, and just love it.  I mix mine in a large bowl, then portion it out into mason jars for lunch.  The dressing goes into little Gladware containers. 

*Note: there is a LOT more dressing than you need for the salad here.  I usually end up tossing some.
*Another note: I eat this as a true salad, rather than traditional chicken salad.  You can make it into traditional chicken salad by mixing everything (including the dressing) except the lettuce together, then serve that combination OVER the lettuce.    Two great options for one recipe!

Creamy Chicken Salad
Serves 4 (1 1/4 cups each) | Containers: 1 green, 1/2 purple, 1 red, 1/2 blue, 1/2 orange
  • 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
  • 1/2 cup chopped green apple
  • 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
  • 2 green onions, sliced
  • 1 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
  • 1/2 cup honey mustard salad dressing (see below)
  • 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce (I use a hand-food processor to shred it well)
Directions: combine all ingredients in a large bowl and portion out into 5 separate mason jars. 

Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
  • 1/2 cup reduced fat (2%) plain greek yogurt
  • 3T Dijon mustard, gluten-free
  • 3T raw honey
  • 3T rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • pink salt to taste
Directions: Combine the yogurt, mustard, honey, and vinegar in a medium bowl and whisk until combined
Then slowly add oil, whisking until well blended.






No comments:

Post a Comment