Interested in Challenge Packs?

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Deconstructed Egg Roll

We're always looking for new, fast dinner ideas.  This was crazy fast to whip up, and when we ate it 3 days later for dinner everything was still as fresh as if it was just made!  That's my type of meal.  One of my fellow coaches Janiece shared this recipe with me, and it's going into the rotation for sure.  My family had it over Ramen (yeah, I know), and I just had it plain.  There are plenty of veggies in it that you don't need it over salad or anything like I normally would.  It's savory and a great source of both protein and veggies.  The perfect meal!

My one tip is to start cooking everything in the wok.  I made a huge mess by starting with a regular size frying pan, then having to upgrade to a bigger one, and finishing in the wok.  Save your dish washing time by going straight to the wok, ladies!

UPDATE:
I'm currently doing 80 Day Obsession and need lunch items that are 1 protein, 1 veggie, 1 carb, and 1 tsp.  This adaptation hits all but the carb.
Ingredients:
- 1 package ground turkey sausage
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce

Directions:
- In a wok brown the turkey sausage until cooked through.  Drain, then add extra seasonings if you'd like.  I added garlic powder, powdered ginger, and some salt & pepper
- Add the package of coleslaw mix and the oil & soy sauce.  cook on low for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly. 
- This made 2 lunches and 1 dinner for our family.  I served it with homemade corn tortillas, which count as the carb.  Heats up super well!



Check out the recipe here:
http://www.bunsinmyoven.com/2015/08/24/sausage-egg-roll-in-a-bowl/print/


No comments:

Post a Comment